Thursday, November 6, 2014

Seasons

A couple of weeks ago we took my mother-in-law to Asheville to celebrate her 70th birthday. It's a six hour drive - thats long for me - so I packed accordingly...


It was a good thing I did because I don't know what it is about traveling, but it's exhausting and painful.

How can sitting while doing nothing, be exhausting?

I do a better job of prepping for pain in advance of things like travel, never-ending piano recitals, and long movies, but it's not easy. Overthinking is also exhausting!

One of the choices I had to sacrifice though, was not going zip lining with my kids.



I HATE that I can't do things like this (for now), but it was the right decision.

My awesome hubby took the kids and gave me a little time for shopping fun though, so it all worked out in the end.

The Bible says:  There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
                           a time to be born and a time to die,
                           a time to plant and a time to uproot,
                           a time to kill and a time to heal,
                           a time to tear down and a time to build,
                           a time to weep and a time to laugh,
                           a time to mourn and a time to dance,
                           a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
                           a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
                           a time to search and a time to give up,
                           a time to keep and a time to throw away,
                           a time to tear and a time to mend,
                           a time to be silent and a time to speak,
                           a time to love and a time to hate,
                           a time for war and a time for peace.
                                                                                       Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

So I'm determined to think of this time of suffering and affliction as a season - a time of tearing down my body and rebuilding my spirit.

A time to learn the lessons God offers through the trials.

What about you? What season are you in?






No comments:

Post a Comment