Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My God

One of my heroes is the Apostle Paul. When I get to Heaven, he'll be one of the first people I'll ask to meet.  I admire him for his confidence and assurance of who he was in Christ. He was tenacious in his mission to preach the word of God and had no crisis of identity. The resurrected Christ lived in him.

Here are just a few scriptures as an example:

"Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the Gospel of God..."
     Romans 1:1

"I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him." 2 Cor 11:2

"Paul, an apostle - sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised 
him from the dead - and all the brothers with me." Galatians 1:2

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  Galatians 2:20

What I love best though is his assurance in his position as a child of God.

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Phil 1:3

Did you get that?

MY God.

Paul is no different than us and we can thank our God for His grace through Jesus Christ.

Stand firm in your position in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment