Wednesday, December 14, 2011

God Speaks

I'll never forget the first time I heard God speak.

Early one morning, about twenty-three years ago, I was pulled over on the side of a highway overpass, unable to drive. I'd stayed up all night partying with friends at a nightclub and my heart was racing from the drugs we'd consumed. I was afraid, and trying to figure out how to make the rest of the drive home. In the silence of that car, inside my spirit, I heard a voice clearly say, "If you ever do this again, you will die."

I never did drugs again.

To the best of my recollection that was about two years before I started searching for Jesus, but it was the same voice that prompted me to find him.

Remembering that morning gives me great joy, and fills me with hope for my many friends and family members who don't yet know him. I'm reminded of this passage of scripture:

I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'
                     Isaiah 65:1

God knows those He has chosen, and if you're a follower of Christ, you've been chosen.

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.  John 15:16-17

Do you hear Him? Are you bearing fruit for eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment