Thursday, December 22, 2011

Harvest

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:9-10

Yesterday, my husband and I had the opportunity to "do good."

We were able to lift a financial burden off of someone who had a large medical bill looming on the horizon. When my husband called to say he was going to pay her bill himself, she refused at first, and upon his insistence (and he's a pretty forceful guy) she relented. We were so joyful for her and thankful to God for the opportunity to do it.

Later she texted me, "It feels like you've added years to my life."

Her words rushed over me like cool water, and I thought, Yes! This is life giving. This is what the life of Christ feels like to others, especially to those who don't believe. My husband told her that the reason we were able to do it at all was because of God and I told her in a text, that it was a gift from Him. I pray she will feel His love for her and believe.

I reveled in Christ's love all day....still am.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28

It makes me think a lot about the burdens others carry and what it means to lighten the load. The burdens of unbelief and sin are SO heavy and only Jesus has the ability to lift them off.

How can we approach financial matters creatively in 2012 so that we can be burden lifters all year long?

No comments:

Post a Comment