Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pummeled

War is Hell.

I've been battling for the last three months. Each day I wake up and find myself fighting with someone.
My kids wake up cranky or they can't find their shoes or they really haven't done that school project - due tomorrow of course!

My husband's suffering from a torn rotator cuff and complaining that the house isn't clean enough. And he's right... but I'm too tired to really care.

Conflict is a part of everyone's life and usually I'm prepared and energetic about fighting the battle, but not lately. I've been asking God for strength and energy and I'm given just enough to get myself through the day, but why God? Why can't I get ahead of it?

In the last three months we've experienced:

illness within my family
car accident
loss of sleep
things breaking repeatedly in our home
physical injury to my husband and children
emotional turmoil
a lice outbreak

Yesterday I had an Aha moment! When reading through Ephesians 6, God showed me there's a crack in my armor.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10-11

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Eph 6:13

I've got all of my armor on, but my family might as well be naked. They don't use their belts of truth, breastplates of righteousness, shields of faith, helmets of salvation, and especially not the swords of the spirit.



I've got a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment