Wednesday, July 18, 2012

World Changers

Deep sigh.

"Well. I guess all we can do is pray."

What a pitiful expression of faith from the mouth of a faithful believer! It's an expression I hear a lot  from Christians, and I admit to saying exactly the same thing in the same listless way. Sometimes I catch myself writing my own book of lamentations.

However, it's pathetic, and we owe God an apology when we belittle His power in this way.

Our power comes from the God who raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

He raised Him.

    He lives.

        He lives in us.

And so does His power.

The power of the Holy Spirit extends beyond our own understanding, but when we truly believe and live in the spirit, we change the world.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

Straight from the mouth of the resurrected Christ himself.

     Do you believe Him?



No comments:

Post a Comment