Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pity-Party

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 
                                                              Hebrews 12:3

This is my new favorite verse. I'm going to use it as a sword to slice away at the sinners who oppose me.

Just kidding.

   Ok, not really kidding.

Opposition is exhausting. Have you ever been opposed by people on a continual basis? It's the most spiritually discouraging thing I've experienced.

I'm not evening doing anything to make it happen. It's just....happening.

I've been slow to recognize it though, so it's a little like being buried over a long period of time. Just small handfuls of dirt thrown at random times by random people.

sneering
 
    subtle mocking

         sarcasm cloaked in humor

 tiny jabs in the softest places of my heart

It's the perfect environment in which to throw a pity party and I have been pity-partying away!



Sorry God, I thought I'd moved beyond that.

Now I understand and will take my mind off of myself and my circumstances and

                                            consider him.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had more time to chat. Pray together. Encourage. I'm praying for you. And I join you with this new focus. Eyes. On. Him.

    ReplyDelete