Monday, April 22, 2013

Idols



I've been bitterly disappointed.

I can't talk about what happened because I've been disappointed by someone I love and to tell the story would be a disservice. In the process of praying through the matter, I uncovered an idol in my spirit.

When God brings us into the dust to discover an idol hidden within our hearts, it's a cause for celebration. While in the dust, I also found piles of contempt, disdain, judgement and pride. I also found anger - unrighteous, unholy anger.

Now, I can repent.

Oh how great is our God! He refines us with trials and exposes the motives of our hearts for our own benefit.

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God. 1 Cor 4:5

Here's another verse sustaining me as I continue through my trials.

But he knows the way that I take;
  when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.   Job 23:10



I pray the same for you, that when you've withstood the tests in your life, you'll be golden too!

No comments:

Post a Comment