Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our Advocate

If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever - the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
                                                                                                                   John 14:15-17
                                                                Advocate.

The father has given us an advocate: A helper, champion, supporter... upholder.

How wonderful our Father God is to his children! I feel especially led to praise him today because the Holy Spirit, our advocate, led me to another advocate. The person he led me to is a health care provider. She's a woman who cares deeply about her patients and is also a believer and a fighter. She's been helping me and my family get to the root causes of our illnesses.

Because of the Holy Spirit's leading me to her, I've led others to her and now I can advocate on my own behalf.

            I've discovered that I'm sick.

I've been feeling sick for awhile and with this woman's help, I've found the source of my illness. This is a good thing because I'm a fighter too, and if I continued in my "Erika way" I'd have run myself into the ground instead of resting, which is what I need to do.

So even though I'm upset about my condition and the length of time it's going to take to recover, I'm grateful to God for his guidance.

Do you have the Holy Spirit in your life? Can you call him your helper?

       Jesus is the way to life in the spirit.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment