Wednesday, October 23, 2013

God's Handiwork

They say you should write about your passions - write about "what you know," but that's always a struggle for me because I love so many things! However, I have to narrow my blog topics down, so I prayed about what I most want to leave behind from this life. 

My two biggest passions next to Jesus, are family and helping other people. As I thought about those two topics specifically, I narrowed it down even more. I'm passionate about personal family histories and helping people who struggle in life. I know...it's so random! But both of these passions have intensified since my adolescence. They've always been there.

I truly believe that God shapes our lives on purpose and for purpose. One of my favorite bible verses says, For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

                             So I asked God, What good work did you create me to do?

I guess now's a good time to reveal that I'm a chronic pain sufferer and have been since I was a teenager. But I didn't know the cause of it and doctors haven't been able to figure it out. Recently, part of that mystery has been solved. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and some other related "syndromes" and "diseases." 

I live as full a life as possible, but when I got multiple diagnoses, it made me take stock of what's really important to me. It also made me want to live out the dreams and purposes of my life.

                         No more "... someday" for me.

I can't even explain how grateful I am to finally know what's going on! It's life altering. I've spent the last couple of months making necessary lifestyle changes and learning how to treat my body better. The more I share with others, the more I find other women who struggle with life and pain.
Let's face it, much of life is painful. It's not fake like the images we see in our magazines and movies.

God has placed me in a position that allows me to help my fellow sufferers, so it's one of the topics I'll be writing about. From now on, this blog will focus on three things: Jesus, family and encouragement for chronic pain sufferers.

So here's a selfie of me right now. Laying on my heating pad and writing at the same time. 

                                                                   Today really sucked!

And here's a selfie of my daughter, Katya, and I on the set of an Indie movie that filmed here on Monday.  
                                                       Her choir was featured and I was an extra

More about the movie later because that's what flared up my Fibro...but it was totally worth it!

                                                                                     He is faithful and wonderful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment