Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Life verse: Do you have one?

Isaiah 58:11 is my life verse. 

One day, many years ago I was reading my Bible and this verse pierced my heart. God led me to it and I felt His presence and promise. It's been stuck there ever since.

Note: If a particular scripture pierces your heart, God may be trying to tell you something.

My verse says: The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

I need to apologize for my lack of blog postings; I was getting dry and felt like I couldn't write anything. In my home I have a beautiful tropical plant called an anthurium. They're supposed to look like this...

See those beautiful leaves? How lush and shiny they are nestled among the flowers? This is what mine looks like...

There are no flowers and the brown and yellow leaf tip means they're not getting enough water. I am at fault. I'm the gardner. Every time I pass by this wimpy, neglected plant I'm reminded that God never forgets to water.

He's the perfect gardener all the time and He knew I was lacking and needed some refreshing. A little TLC and spritzing to encourage me and help me endure. 

Life has been tough for the last several months. Lots of pain and fatigue...and activity and Christmas! so my husband and I took a quick getaway to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

On one of our excursions, we went to the Castillo Del Morro which is an old fort overlooking the sea. It was built in the 17th century and is one of those crazy beautiful old places. While we were there peering over the walls of a closed cemetery I noticed these beautiful ferns growing from the massive stone walls.


It was a reminder that God sustains all things. If you know about ferns you know they mostly grow in damp shade with well drained soil. But here they were, growing without any human help along a sun scorched stone wall. It reminded me of my life verse.

I was looking at some other things growing outside of the cemetery walls and came upon this strange tree growing these gorgeous flowers and I thought, yes - this is me blooming again!

It's great to be back!


So how about you? Do you have a life verse to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment