Friday, January 15, 2016

Every day is a blessing from God

By Erika Rizkallah (reposted from www.erikarizkallah.com)
"Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful." Prince
2015 was a hard year for me - filled with physical, mental and emotional challenges. I can't remember how it began but it's fresh enough to remember how it ended.
November and December was like a slow moving hurricane whirling off the coast toward a direct hit on my home.
Last year my husband and I decided it was time to renovate our highly outdated house. We've been wanting to remodel certain areas; get rid of the mirrored backsplash in the kitchen, replace broken appliances and get rid of the gold fixtures in the guest bathroom.
But you know how those things go. Once you decide to change certain  areas, you may as well go big and do it right. So what started out as a simple kitchen/bathroom remodel turned into a full scale renovation of our middle and upper levels.
There were many disagreements between us along the way. Multiple meetings with the contractor and interior designer that came with the job. And packing up EVERYTHING. This was no easy feat for someone suffering from chronic pain, but I did it (for the most part). In order to give the contractor a good start we decided to take a trip so we left the country for two weeks and spent time visiting family in Dubai.
And we came back from this life-changing vacation to this . . .
Just like a man . . . the tv stays

Goodbye kitchen
My favorite room in the house - our heritage room

So that's where I've "been" - metaphorically and physically speaking - and I have so many new things to share with you in 2016.
I've resolved that this year will be different - I'm saying goodbye to the physical, mental and emotional challenges of last year. And even though I'm living in a literal mess, I agree with Prince's assessment that each day is a blessing from God and yeah, everything is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment