Monday, July 4, 2011

True Freedom

Happy 4th of July! 

It's a great day to launch a blog dedicated to freedom. It's also a great day to relax with friends on the beach, eat ice cream and light fireworks, all of which I plan to do. It is for our freedom as a nation, that great men and women sacrificed their lives. 


Before that, one God sacrificed His son for ALL people everywhere. 


Jesus


It's because of Jesus that I can celebrate anything at all. When I didn't know him I was stuck in the muck of an aimless life. 


It's because of Jesus that we all can rejoice in freedom - not just today, but every day. Jesus' sacrifice set us free forever from sin and death and hopeless living. When I celebrate freedom, I'm really celebrating him.



So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.  John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment