Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Discipline of Sitting

Is there such a thing as the discipline of sitting?

A friend just asked me, "So. Are you starting to feel like Erika again?" In a way...but that's not the best thing because Erika has a problem sitting down. It's not like a disorder or anything, it's just that I'm active and I like to get things done.

Right now, because of the hysterectomy, I HAVE to be sitting down. Or laying down (for the most part). But man it's hard! I don't know how people do it really.




                                                         I feel like her

My back is killing me. Parts of my butt are killing me. Even my head is killing me but I don't know why. I can't get comfortable and I know I need to rest because whenever I start to "do too much", which let me tell you is NOT much at all, my guts start to ache and that is definitely not a good thing.

The funny thing is that writers sit. A lot. In my quest and desire to be a writer, one of my pastors even prayed over me, "Dear Lord, help her to sit at the keyboard and serve you in the way you called her."
He checked up on me the other day and asked me what I'd been doing. I told him "lots of sitting".

Oh well...I guess it's the same with all discipline:

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.  Hebrews 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment