Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lately

It's great to be back after such a long absence! I had three major things to wrap up before I could get back to normal (whatever that is):

My daughter does summer theater which takes up a lot of time and energy but the play she was in, Mulan, was a success. She made lots of friends, got a spot in next summer's show and showed great maturity and professionalism in the whole process.

We also went on vacation, to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. Wow, what a tourist trap that place is! My other daughter is learning photography and we went so that she could take pictures. She got some great shots and we had amazing family time doing touristy things.

The day after we came back (6 days ago), I had a total hysterectomy, which corrected a condition that's plagued me for over three years. Talk about getting Unstuck! I'm still very sore, but filled with hope for a healthier future. And....hurricane Irene just blew through and we're all ok, so I am just overwhelmed by God's goodness.

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

No comments:

Post a Comment