Thursday, December 29, 2011

Praying Big

I'm in Maryland visiting my mom for the holidays and wanted to tell a quick story of how cool God is:

My brother, who I haven't seen in two years, came with his family to spend time with us last night. We greeted them at the front door and when we went to close it, noticed the storm door wouldn't shut. It was completely stuck in an open position and no one could figure out how it happened.

Four adults took turns trying to fix it: my husband, my brother, my mom, and her friend. No luck. We were wasting too much time on it so I said, "Just shut the front door for now and we'll get it later. Maybe it'll relax." They shut it and I prayed, "Lord, please just fix the door."

A few hours later, my brother went out to warm up his car. He came back in and said, "Hey! Who fixed the door?" Everyone else was astounded, but not me; I was just smiling.

The most important aspect of remaining unstuck is believing that God can.

     He can.

         He will.

             He wants to.

If we'll just ask. Prayer is an act of humility and faith. Fixing a door may not seem prayer worthy but it would have been another unexpected expense for my mom who's already been loaded down with unexpected expenses this year. It mattered to me, so my Heavenly Father answered my prayer.

He wants to do the same for all of us.

I realize I've got several obstacles to pray over in 2012 and God's prepping me for a new kind of prayer. These aren't small things, they're huge boulders blocking me from doing his will and major faith is needed to bust through them. In my mind's eye, I picture them exploding into bits.

I believe He will.

Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in power. He will rule with a powerful arm. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.  Isaiah 40:10

No comments:

Post a Comment