Saturday, December 10, 2011

With

I spent a good part of the day yesterday envisioning myself following Jesus as the apostles did.

     Would I have left everything to follow him? (Matt 4:18-20)

     Would I have followed him into unknown places? (Matt 8:18-20)

     Would I have followed him to Golgotha? (Matt 27:32-33)

Because I read the Bible and know how the lives of the apostles ended, I can't say for sure that I would.  Distress was about to set in, when God reminded me of the truth. When we follow Christ, He is with us. We're not alone on the journey.

With is a tiny word, yet weighty with meaning.

So yes, I guess I will go with Jesus wherever he leads, because he's God and he keeps his promises:

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  Matthew 28:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment