Friday, December 9, 2011

Servant

"Beware of refusing to go to the funeral of your own independence."                                  Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

I love this quote. It completely messes with my head and makes me wonder in what areas of life I'm holding onto my independence. I won't answer it here because I know it wouldn't be truthful. I can tell because each time I try to think about it and dive down to the depths of my being, my conscience stops me.

Dang! Now I know I have to spend some time meditating and praying about what the true answer is.

How far will I really follow Jesus, and will I turn away like so many others have done if he asks too much of me?

The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.  John 12:25-26

How far will you really follow Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment