Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pleasing God

Do you make it your goal to please God?

So often, as I go through my day, I pray, plan and analyze all aspects of my life. I wonder, "God...am I doing ok?"

Many of my friends do the same. They say, "I just want to know God's will. I just want to know what to do."

Sometimes, I think we think too much.

In 2 Corinthians, Paul addresses purpose and says this: "We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it." (ver 9)

See that...he says, "we are confident." In confidence, they made it their business to please God.

I cross referenced the verse because I wanted to know what pleases God. This is what I found...

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.
Romans 14:18

Well that settles it then. Off to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment