Thursday, January 26, 2012

See...there's a scripture for everything!

Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath. 2 Samuel 11:2





I'm in a bit of a pickle. Yesterday morning I sent Lil' Momma out to walk the dog and after a minute, she came back into the house and said, "Mom? Do we have new neighbors or something?"

"No. Why?"

"Because there's a lady on the porch next door and she's not wearing anything."

I peeked around the corner and sure enough, there she was. She had pants on, but was definitely topless. Lil' Momma's eyes were wide. "I didn't know what to do, so I just ran back in."

I don't know what to do either!

The woman is my neighbor's new girlfriend, a gorgeous Italian woman, and though I've only met her briefly, I feel like I know her a little too well now.

So...what do I do? Do I tell her that I've seen her? Do I casually mention it to him? I mean, it's the middle of winter for Pete's sake. If she's hanging out like this now, what will the summer be like? And, I do Bible study on my porch in the mornings, which is right next to her porch. How can I concentrate on God's word when there's a nudie beauty walking around?

Maybe I should just smile and wave.

In all seriousness though, I don't want my husband to know about this or he'll be up every morning trying to do "Bible Study" with me. As I thought about what I might say or do, I was reminded of David watching Bathsheba take a bath on the roof.

See...there's a scripture for everything!

      Tell me: What would you do?



3 comments:

  1. I would write a gentle letter, encouraging the woman to either cover or refrain.

    Kind of like a "cease and desist" order.

    In addition to your husband not seeing this (I know it's not a jealous thing - it is something the enemy can use against him), your son could also have his "eyes" opened to how his body and mind respond to the visual input of information.

    There is nothing wrong with the female form. She is beautiful and should be respected. Unfortunately, not all eyes would be respectful of her. You know -- you're not the only neighbors! :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say something to them, Lisa is right, its only a matter of time before your son happens to be the one outside at just the right time. Maybe if you know the man pretty well you could mention that your daughter saw her, and its only a matter of time before your son does too, and that you would be so grateful if she could cover up while she is outside.

    I giggled when you said your husband would be up every morning wanting to do "bible study" with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always start on a positive note, like "you have great whatchamacallems" but do ya mind puttin' those things away? Or you could start by praying and asking God to do it for her. You could always strike up a conversation, kind of befriend her and one day, just casually say "you know, folks in eastern nc can be kind of harsh with that sort of thing. And I don't think my kids are ready for it. Just wanted to let you know. And would you like to join me for coffee on my deck?" You could be the first taste of Jesus this woman gets : ). Come on Erika! I know you aim big!

    One fourth of July I nearly got myself in a fist fight in front of my whole family by asking a girl to cover her butt crack. But for God's sake-she was sitting right in front of us and we could see six inches of her tail.

    ReplyDelete