Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Reading

Anyone interested in a great book for summer?

I highly recommend A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23, by W. Phillip Keller. It's one of those old, meaty, life changing books and a plus is that it's short and easy to read. The author, is a former East African shepherd and lay pastor. The book breaks apart Psalm 23 and clearly explains the relationship between a good shepherd and his flock.



I'm not kidding when I say it will change the way you think about God and his relationship with us. How I wish I had this book when I first became a Christian, it would have cleared up some of my confusion and spared wasted time!

Because it was written so long ago, you'll probably have to order it online like I did. It is worth every penny of the $ 4.99 + tax and shipping and will help you grow closer to Jesus. Here's an excerpt:

"He is the owner who delights in His flock. For Him there is no greater reward, no deeper satisfaction, than that of seeing His sheep contented, well fed, safe, and flourishing under His care. This is indeed His very "life." He gives all He has to it. He literally lays Himself out for those who are His."

If you do read it, let me know what you think!

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11

No comments:

Post a Comment