Monday, July 2, 2012

Christmas in July

Hi friends! It feels amazing to actually get back online after what seems like such a long absence. For most people, summer time is relaxing and life's lived at a slower pace.

         But I live near the beach on an island.

And this is where other people come to relax and have vacation, and sometimes act incredibly stupid while they're on vacation (not my guests of course).

June is also a heavy birthday month for our family. We celebrate over ten important birthdays, but this year we celebrated more than usual because it was my daughter's Sweet 16 and my grandmother turned 100.

Seriously....it's more stressful than Christmas for me and I've gained 4 pounds from eating cake and ice cream.

Speaking of Christmas, look what I saw at Michael's craft store the other day.




That's just one more way to make me feel nuts.

Anyway, in a couple of days we'll have a 4th of July celebration and then host over 45 relatives here for a family reunion. I'll be writing a lot while they're here, but don't know how often I'll be able to get online for the next two weeks.

     Hope you're all staying cool in this terrible heat. Just remember, according to the retailers, Christmas and cooler weather is apparently right around the corner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment