Saturday, August 11, 2012

Good News!

In times of trouble it's easy to wonder if God is really there or if he even hears our quiet whispers and cries for help.

Just the other day an old memory resurfaced. I saw myself as a teenager pacing the floor in my attic bedroom. Everything felt wrong to me. I kept thinking there had to be other kids who felt the same way and I wanted to bring them hope somehow. I believe this was around the time I began watching the news on television. I was convinced that everything in life was terrible.

The world was only filled with bad news and no one seemed to be doing anything about it.

That was the day I decided to become a writer. My dream was to create a magazine for people that was filled with only good news. I guess I saw it as a way to combat everything that was going wrong. I believed in a God, but I didn't think he was doing a very good job with things, and somehow I was going to change that.

As I look back, I can see it was my way of creating hope for myself.

Years later, I cried out to God when my father died. I cried out in anger and with shaking fists, but that didn't turn him off. He heard me and guided me directly to Jesus.

The world is still filled with bad news, and I never did get that magazine off the ground. It's fine though, because there's no substitute for the true good news. The good news is that Jesus Christ loves each and every one of us and when we turn our hearts to God, he will guide us out of the darkness.



But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
   Luke 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment