Monday, February 18, 2013

Stuck

Here's why I've been gone so long...

   Erika got stuck!

Big time. Only, I didn't really realize it'd happened, until it came up in conversation with my friend, Terri. I told her I'd been feeling jealous of another friend who was talking about her journaling.

Ordinarily, something like that wouldn't cause feelings of jealousy for me. Or, I'd guess a better description of what I felt was longing. I longed to write out my feelings. Except I couldn't write.

     And I couldn't truly admit how I felt.

          And I couldn't sing.

And if I can't sing... I'm stuck.

I'm not kidding, I wake up singing (in my head because that would be too annoying to everyone else). Even in the middle of the night if I get up to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water, I wake up with a song.

But alas, my song was gone.

I'm happy to say it's back.  How did I get unstuck again, you might ask?

I asked God to help me figure it out, and after praying, I realized I hadn't acknowledged a hurt. That's a story for another post, but what I thought was a "small" hurt, was really a gaping wound. The enemy just got his dirty self in there and turned it into an infection.

       But, praise God when I asked... He came to my rescue.

Do you have an unacknowledged wound? Try asking God to help you dig down deep and begin the healing only he can do.

Praise the LORD, all you nations;
   extol him, all you peoples.
For great is his love toward us,
   and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.

Praise the LORD.
                                     Psalm 117

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back and I LOVE the new colors so much!!! Fresh and beautiful, like you :)

    ReplyDelete