Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Traveling


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could


When God calls us to travel on a new road, obstacles will appear to us on the way. Often, we have to leave some old things behind; old ideas, fears, attitudes, failures and sometimes successes. Obstacles help us evaluate priorities and they can also strengthen us as we learn to push past them.

I'm on an obstacle filled road right now. I just came back from the Florida Christian Writers Conference, even though I'm not from Florida.  Sometimes, while you're traveling this new road - ok, pretty much all the time - you're going to have to spend something to get there.

One of the ways we can keep ourselves from becoming stuck, is by intentionally investing in ourselves.
I did that this weekend and it was amazing!! God showed up, confirmed my calling and affirmed me in every way. My head is filled with information and now it's time to sort and prioritize.

So while I'm doing that (won't take long, I promise), I leave you with a picture of one of my favorite authors, Steven James, teaching us about status in characterization.



What about you? Are your priorities in line with God's calling? Tell me about one of the ways you plan to invest in yourself this year; I'd love to pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment