Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Hard Places

I am weary, God,
    but I can prevail.
                              Pr 30:1

I came across this proverb in my quiet time today and immediately thought of my husband. He's been suffering for over a year with intense pain and it seems as if we've tried every procedure available. The last resort, back surgery, took place 10 days ago.

Pain is debilitating and discouraging and I, as a wife, sit nearby and wait for healing. I pray because I know my prayers are powerful. But I also know that God uses the hard places in life for growth. No one likes to hear that while they're going through it, so I stay quiet and try to provide comfort as best I can.

The hard places teach us how to endure and persevere, far beyond our own strength or ability. So if you find yourself in one of those places know that He's placed you there for His good purpose.


..."We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God."  
Acts 14:22

No comments:

Post a Comment