Friday, May 24, 2013

Friendless Friday

Ordinarily today would be Follow-Up Friday, but since I've nothing to follow up on, I'll do a different kind of post.

This morning, I have one less friend and I'm ok with that. At first I typed, "I'm happy about that" but that's a lie. Then I started to type, "I'm sad about that." but that's a lie too, so I'll settle for ok. I'm ok that I've separated myself from this "friend." To be more specific, last night I unfriended her from Facebook and from my life.

It felt weird.

Have you ever tried to love somebody who's kind of unlovable? A prickly person, but you try anyway, just hoping you'll make some kind of connection? That's the way I feel about her. I've honestly tried, but about every four months or so, a post will come through on my Facebook page and my blood starts to boil.

I actually begin to heat up and my heart starts pounding in my chest. These posts are slanderous toward one of my family members. Because of him, I've tried to love her but yesterday, the Lord spoke into my heart. He said:

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts. Her mouth and the platform she uses to slander comes from the overflow of her heart.

I looked up the verse today in my study time. Jesus was speaking to his disciples about inner purity. He was explaining that it's not what we eat that make us dirty and corrupt. "But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts - murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them." Matt 15:18-20

So I clicked on the button next to her name. Duh-lete.



It doesn't feel weird now, it feels good. Now I can pray for my loved one without being tempted to take another person's anger into my spirit.

What about you? Is there a toxic person you need to delete from your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment