Monday, June 3, 2013

Blessings

Ah Monday! It's here again and even though I work at home, I kind of dread Mondays. I think I need to change my Sundays in order to feel better about the week ahead.

But, we can't go back again, we can only move forward. 

Here's a prayer I found while reading Numbers yesterday. It's called "The Priestly Blessing" and was given, by God, to Moses as a way to bless the Israelites.

The LORD bless you
   and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine on you
  and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
  and give you peace.
                                                                                                    Numbers 6:24-26

The next verse says, "So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them." (v 27)

That ancient blessing encompasses five areas: bless and keep you (favor and protection)
                                                                         face shine on you (be pleased)
                                                                         be gracious (merciful and compassionate)
                                                                         turn his face (give his approval)
                                                                         give peace (speaks for itself!)                                                                       
                                                                                                  Life Application Study Bible (NIV)

God loves us. He wants to bless us and put His name on us.

I hope the prayer blesses you as you start your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment