Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Follow Ups # 5 - June

This story happened so fast, that I didn't even get a chance to post about it, but since it's one of God's stories, I'm going to follow up anyway...

I looked down at the number ringing through on my cell phone and my heart sank. It was my brother.

          Does that ever happen to you?

A person's number shows up and you start to ache in the pit of your stomach? I have a few people in my life that cause that to happen, and my brother's one of them.

His calls almost never come with good news.

This time it was worse. He was calling to tell me that on Wednesday, he was going to be homeless. He'd been laid off of a new job several weeks before and wasn't able to make rent or child support. I had no idea, I assumed he was working. Homelessness was bad enough, but frankly I was more worried about him going to jail for delinquent child support.

After a flurry of texts and phone calls back and forth, I felt a tremendous need to pray on my face for him. So I did.

Facedown is an appropriate prayer position for God's people:

But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and cried out... Numbers 16:22

Then Moses and Aaron fell facedown in front of the whole Israelite assembly...Numbers 14:5

...And they fell facedown. Numbers 16:45

Facedown I prayed for my brother, and then I called on some of my prayer warrior friends. I asked them to pray for God's favor and then again, for a job opportunity. Here's the result:

*  Later that day, his landlord personally took care of his rental payment for one month.
*  He enrolled in several programs to help get himself back on his feet.
*  Wednesday, he texted me and told me he had not one, but two job interviews.
*  Today he called and told me that both companies liked him and the best one...
      hired him.

There's a little more to this story that I'm going to post about tomorrow, but for today, I praise God for his goodness and provision. He is WONDER FULL and so are my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment