Thursday, June 6, 2013

Grumbling

My goal for the summer is to read the entire Bible.

       I think I can. I think I can.

I completed the first three books of the Old Testament and am now reading Numbers. Some people say these books are dry and boring, but I'm not finding that at all. They're fascinating! God's provision and guidance is clearly given to the Israelites.

 His presence is literally with them and he gives instructions to Moses. About Moses he says:
"Listen to my words:
   "When there is a prophet among you,
       I, the LORD reveal myself to them in visions,
       I speak to them in dreams.
   But this is not true of my servant Moses;
       he is faithful in all my house.
  With him, I speak face to face,
       clearly and not in riddles;
       he sees the form of the LORD.
  Why then were you not afraid
      to speak against my servant Moses?"
                   Numbers 12:6-8

In this passage, God's come down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent of meeting. God was calling a meeting and he was speaking to Aaron, Miriam and Moses. See, Miriam was jealous of her little brother and started trash talking about him.

                  God heard and he dealt with Miriam.

What's convicting me deeply right now is the amount of internal grumbling and complaining I do on a regular basis. Sometimes I feel childish jealousy toward others.

      The scary part is that God hears. Lord, please don't call a meeting about me!

Jealousy and grumbling is a sin I can easily step into. So today, I'm renewing my mind about the hardships in my life and am going to focus that energy in healthier places.

How about you? Do you need to renew your mind in some areas?

No comments:

Post a Comment