Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pursuing Our Enemies

So maybe by now, you've figured out who your five kings - your five greatest enemies - are, or maybe, you're still thinking about it. Either way, it's time to defeat them. The way we do that is by reading further down into Joshua for more instructions...

But don't stop; pursue your enemies! Attack them from the rear and don't let them reach their cities, for the Lord your God has given them into your hand. Joshua 10:19

The captured kings come with large armies, and it's our job to pursue and attack them. We have to resist this assault with all the spiritual weapons at our disposal. Satan doesn't just come alone, he has demons to do his work. He's prepared to come at us in full force and lay us to waste, but the army of our God is bigger and stronger.

Read Ephesians 6 to learn more about our battles and weapons:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Eph 6:10-12

We have, the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet fitted with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit.

I'll give you an example of how I'm going to use this armor today against my king of illness who comes with his army of frustration, anger, helplessness, self-pity, impatience, hostility, fear, anxiety, disappointment, exhaustion, and pain.

    First, I'm going to believe God. I'm going to believe the truth that he's my deliverer and    rescuer.

    Second, I'm going to focus on the peace of Christ and not worry or be anxious.

    Third, I'm going to wield my sword by praying scriptures in the Spirit of Christ:

Give us aid against the enemy, for human help is worthless. With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.  Psalm 109:12-13

                                                                            I keep my arsenal close by on notecards and in my phone notes

     Fourth, I'm going to pursue my enemies by making and keeping all the necessary doctor's appointments and continuing to educate myself on our conditions. I'm going to serve the sick ones in my home and be gentle and forgiving of myself.
   
I'll be praying victory for you today as you defeat the enemies of your life.

                                                                                             God is wonderful and faithful!


No comments:

Post a Comment