Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Psalms & Stories

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
  his love endures forever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story -
  those he redeemed from the hand of the foe.
                                         Psalm 107:1-2

My friend, Terri, and I were driving home from a women's retreat we'd just held at a lake three hours from home. Instead of getting on the highway, we decided to take a scenic route. I love the country and historic towns and felt that we needed the extra time to talk about the retreat. As we drove through a little village, we talked about the weekend and how receptive the women were. 

I said, "It reminded me of the thing Jesus said to his disciples at the well in Samaria." I couldn't remember where to find it in the Bible, but I remembered one word "harvest." So Terri looked it up and just as she began to read, we cleared the town limits and stumbled upon this!

"Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest?' Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! John 4:35 (NKJV)


                                       Obviously we stopped to capture the moment!

Do you have any of God's stories you need to share?

                                                                He is faithful and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment