Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sharing Saturdays: Joy

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control...Galatians 5:22-23

An ice storm just blew through our little coastal town and what havoc it wreaked! Southerners are not at all used to snow and cold weather. And this was far more. It rained ice. For several days. Most of us were holed up inside our houses with extra supplies. Even today (days after its departure) 6,000 people are still without power.
                                                 
                                                         How was your week?

As you may already know through experience, wet and cold weather is the worst. For me at least, it feels as if it's creeping directly into my muscle fiber in order to torture me. But what I really noticed was that as soon as the storm moved up the coast, the pain was reduced.

I've felt good for the past day or so, but today especially. I am filled with joy!

In my quiet time this morning, I thought about what I wanted to share with you on this particular Saturday. It's joy. Then I asked myself, Can I really share joy? The answer came back quickly...

                              Joy is meant to be shared.

Because I felt so good, I decided to spend time doing ONLY things I love to do. I was tempted to cram everything into the day, but obviously I couldn't. That's the other temptation: To "overdo" it.

So, I chose 3 of my favorite things:

                                                 I love to walk and take pictures - so I did.

                             

I love cappuccino - so I drank one. And then I drank another (but not right away).

I love antiques - so I went antiquing: Score! Score! Score!

I did all of these things in one of my favorite places - downtown Wilmington. I know. It's not top on the list for most people but you've got to love a town that doesn't judge a house by it's color.

I think the key to joy for those of us who suffer daily, is to make the most of every opportunity when it comes. And above all, don't forget to share it with others.

                                                                                              He is faithful and wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you shared your joy with us. Love the pictures :) Glad your bones are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Cristina. You are such a special friend and encourager to me!

    ReplyDelete