Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Healthy Gluten Free Breakfast

One of the things that's changed, since I've been diagnosed, is my eating.

If you haven't noticed, our culture is seriously food centered. It's been my experience that when someone becomes ill for no obvious reason, other people think the real culprit is the food we're eating.

Some of the "advice" I've gotten is:

       *  You should try Paleo.

     *  Only buy organic.

     *  Remove all gluten, dairy and processed foods. 

     *  Sugar is the real enemy!

     *  Have you been tested for food allergies?

Honestly, I've taken most of it to heart and after over eight months, haven't come away any better. What I do know however, is that I'm seriously lactose intolerant. Good to know.

 As we make the shift from eating processed foods to healthy alternatives, it's easy to become confused.

It's also super freaking expensive!

There are thousands of products to choose from, but the one thing they seem to have in common is that they cost more. I decided that since I've redone my entire pantry, the least I can do is share some of the best products I've found and save you time and money.

For the last six months, I've been experimenting with gluten free products and the one I'm sharing today is my go-to favorite for a protein filled breakfast:


It lives up to its claim of "cooks in 3 minutes," and has a nice texture and flavor. I dress mine up with cinnamon, organic maple syrup, bananas and pecans.


Got a favorite healthy breakfast you'd like to share? I'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment