Friday, March 7, 2014

God's Refuge

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 2 Samuel 22:31

A storm blew through my town last night and I slept through it all. I'd taken my sleep meds and put in ear plugs and slept like the proverbial baby.

When I woke up, I looked out the window, watched the storm rage and the rain pounding the windows.
                        And I was thankful for windows.

     And I thought about God and wondered: how many storms have you shielded me from?

And I looked out my window again and - wait a minute...where is my boat?

My eyes searched and I could not find it. Then my husband pointed it out:

                                       It was in the yard, just behind the fence line, near the tree.
Silly boat.


Then I looked at my neighbor's boat and noticed it was a little tipsy...


And I just became more grateful for his refuge.

          What are the things you're grateful for today?

                                                                                        He is faithful & wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment