Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sharing Comfort

by Erika Rizkallah

In today's post, I wanted to share a couple of ways God comforted me these past few days:

1.  He offered me physical comfort.

I opened those bubble wrapped "big guns" I mentioned in my last post and inside was an
awesome surprise. It was a prescription for a pain killing cream that works REALLY
well. The downside is that I smell like a tube of wintergreen toothpaste. But hey, if it
reduces pain I'm not going to complain.

2.  He offered me mental comfort.

I am a homeschooler. As you can imagine, homeschooling while in pain is extremely difficult.

Almost every single day I wake up and wonder... am I doing a good job?

          Is anyone learning?

                  Is this still the best thing for my kids?

                           Can I really keep doing this?

But I gave God my worries right? Even though I knew the national testing proctor was coming to our home to administer tests to the kids on Friday.

                                 What was I thinking? I was so far from ready...

I also have to tell you that I homeschool four kids - three are mine. Two of them have ADHD, one's learning disabled (LD) and one's gifted.

I'm thrilled to say that all of the kids are moving forward. Not only that, they're over grade level and one of them moved up four grade levels in less than a year's time.

                                                   That's all God.

But I did celebrate with a whole lot of ice cream!

                                           Can you see the ways God comforts you?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment