Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Drug # 3 - Looking for drugs to ease Fibromyalgia pain?

For me, one of the worst Fibro symptoms is the muscle spasms. Mine feels like a monster's rhythmically squeezing bony fingers into my back, ribs and stomach. It's the one thing that makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

Have you ever felt that way? Like you could go crazy from pain?

That's when I bring out the big guns.  Not actual guns - I'm talking about Cyclobenzaprine. Also known as Flexeril. The sunny little pills and my heating pad are the only things that bring relief when that monster starts squeezing.

I need to assure you that I'm not a big pill lover. On the contrary, I generally avoid drugs when possible. But my pain path has covered almost every kind of food restriction and alternative therapy available.

Almost... I haven't tried acupuncture yet, but I will (and I'll take pictures.)

On my trip to Israel, I took a pit stop at The Dead Sea, which is the lowest point on earth. It has a high salt content and is famous for its mud, because people claim it has healing properties for arthritis and other ailments. I don't know about that, but I will say it's tons of fun to sit in a slippery mud hole with 20 non-English speaking people.


The sea is so salty that nothing lives in it and the water can blind you if it gets in your eyes. Also, once you get in chest high water or pick your feet up, you start to float. It's an amazing sensation!


So now, I've bathed in healing waters and touched Jesus' burial stone. Those are two very alternative treatments don't you think?

If you're looking for alternatives, here's a great post by Healthline.

While I wait for healing, I'll keep writing, trying new things and taking my drugs. Life's too awesome to be miserable!
                               
                                        Now that I've shared, tell me what works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment