Saturday, May 10, 2014

Reducing Inflammation and Pain

When it comes to living with chronic pain, one of the hardest things for me is changing my diet.

I have an incredible sweet tooth; it's a cake tooth really. I've been making cakes weekly since I was a teenager. Cake is my favorite food group.

I also don't have much of an appetite. . . except when it comes to cake.

So you see, I have a real problem. But there's no such thing as Cakeaholics Anonymous. I've had to invest in a few books and cookbooks so I can learn about healthy, gluten free living. However, seeing how I just remembered that I ate pancakes for breakfast, let me assure you that I'm still in the learning phase.

The thing most often repeated in these books is that pain is caused by inflammation. If you can get the inflammation down, there will be less pain (or so I've heard).

One of my favorite cookbooks for recipes as well as educational value, is Julie Daniluk's: Meals That Heal Inflammation.

It's great to have resources like this. Ones that encourage and help us persevere in our race to better health.


What about you? Do you have any resources that would encourage others? Please share!

2 comments: