Saturday, August 30, 2014

#Grateful

By Erika Rizkallah

What a difference a week makes! We've had sunny skies for almost a full six days and I am way less achy. I'm so grateful because I put myself on a mini-vacation before school started and I actually enjoyed myself for a sustained period.

Yesterday I spent hours in a few home stores, just pushing my cart through the aisles with about a million other Southern ladies trying to take advantage of Labor Day sales. It was funny just to listen to all the laughter and hootin' and hollering' - yes, that's actually a thing here.

The one thing I've learned since moving to the South, is that all true Southern ladies, value their families and homes. Decorating them is a favorite pastime. I get right in there with them.

Best of all, I enjoyed time with the ladies in my family on a cruise down the Cape Fear River.  I felt so blessed to be able to run errands and then relax myself on a sunset cruise.

I hope you're taking time out to enjoy these last few days of summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment