Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Key

When I was a new and struggling believer, one of the hardest things to do was reading the Bible. Not only did I not understand it, I hated reading it. It bored me, didn't make sense and any life application seemed hopeless.

Now, not a day goes by without a quiet time (of some sort) and meditation on scripture. It's like air. I would eat it for breakfast if I could.

Getting from there to here took awhile but it wasn't that difficult, I decided to make some choices and one verse was key:

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 
               Matthew 6:33

What shall be added to you? All the things we look for and think we need. Read the passage in context - Matthew 6:19-34 - and it will become clear. I had to stop worrying, make Him my first priority and obey the command to seek first the kingdom of God. I also had to believe Him and trust that what He said was true.

I literally stopped reading newspapers and People magazine and replaced them with the Bible. I used the oven timer and started 10 minutes at a time.

The key to becoming Unstuck is found in God. When you learn who He is by reading Scripture and getting to know Him, you'll find He's everything He claims to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment