The next time you sit down with your Bible to read, do it in a different way:
- Find a quiet place where you are totally undistracted.
- Thank God for the privilege of reading His word.
- Ask Him for wisdom and understanding.
- Read a short passage.
- Read the same passage again - this time out loud.
- Meditate on it - this means, think about God and His attributes.
- Write it on an index card and read it several times a day.
- Keep the focus on Him, where it rightly belongs.
Here's a scripture to get you started:
The LORD is gracious and full of compassion,
Slow to anger and great in mercy.
The LORD is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works.