Sunday, July 10, 2011

Unstuck

It's important for you to know what Unstuck is so you get what this blog is really about. Unstuck is about movement. It's about identifying those stuck patterns and areas of your life that aren't good for you or glorifying to God. Those could be areas of sin, unhealthy habits, bondage, oppression and attitudes.

I know what it feels like to be stuck in a cycle. I suffered for years with extreme discontent. It was a deep, eating at my soul feeling that something wasn't right. Year after year I would journal and struggle and journal and struggle and still nothing would change. Thankfully I learned to journal faithfully because one year I decided to go back and read them. I was stunned. I was writing and thinking the same things over and over and before I knew it, five years had passed. I was stuck and sick about it.

The scary part was that I didn't know how to fix it, but the fear of having another year pass, overrode the fear of making necessary changes. I couldn't and didn't do it on my own. I did it with Jesus. He set me free and He can set you free too.

So that's what it's all about - movement toward the life God has in mind for you.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment