Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hearing God

God hears everyone.

I think one of the biggest mistakes I make when thinking about God is that He's like me. Not the sinful, selfish me, but that He has some of my human qualities and admires logic, strategy and critical thinking.

So much is made today of leadership - global, political and religious.

But you know who He admires?  People who follow and obey Him:

And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?  Deu 11:12-13

It's so much easier to make decisions by following my own logic, but in the long run, the choices I make for my own good don't even compare to what He has in mind.

However, as it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him - but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 1 Cor 2:9-10

As I watch God answer my prayers and the prayers of those around me, I stand amazed at the absence of logical strategy. Blind obedience is key to watching Him answer your prayers, whether it makes sense or not.

Are you blindly following?

No comments:

Post a Comment