Saturday, January 7, 2012

Liar

Do you ever feel like you're running out of time?

     Like things are moving way too fast for you?

 Do you ever feel discontent because you're missing something?
 
      Like everyone else is moving forward....except you?

Well relax, because it's all just one big lie.

If you're in a right relationship with God, then you're exactly where you're supposed to be:

 No matter the circumstance - He's in control.

 Whether it's an obstacle you face, or a goal you're trying to achieve - He's got this!

The enemy of our soul, is constantly trying to make us think we'll never be enough, never succeed and are way behind the others (whoever they are).

This reality smacked me in the face a few weeks ago. I was shopping in Macy's, in Northern Virginia, right after Christmas. I was hoping to get a good deal on winter coats and rounded the corner to see this....

Are you kidding me?

Two things strike me as ridiculous (well, more than that - but I only have time for two):

I live AT the beach and we don't even have these displays out yet.
Everything about these faceless plastic mannequins is idealized - how often do YOU hit the pool or cruise ship, rocking heels and a silky head wrap?

It's no wonder the majority of American women feel like they'll never measure up. We can't.

By now, there's probably a display nearby, overflowing with Valentine's Day candy but don't worry because once you get past it, the exit is near. It empties out next to the Godiva store.

We've got plenty of time to have some chocolate and eat Girl Scout cookies if we want to. Summer is not right around the corner, but your enemy is.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:7-9

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, around NoVA those bathing suits always show up the week before Christmas. It's for all those birds escaping to warmer weather during the winter months! HAHAHA! And yes, the DO sell like crazy!

    Funny.

    As for me, I'll enjoy my fluff for a few more weeks because for us, Summer is still wayyyyyy away :)

    I'll stand guard for my enemy because he is also dying to use my insecurities against me once summer does arrive.

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I always wear heels and a silky head wrap to the neighborhood pool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I dress my 4-year-old daughter in bikinis just like that! ha ha

    I love this post and should read it aloud every.single.day. In fact, I just might do that, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete