Saturday, January 14, 2012

Your Few Things

What if Jesus came back today?

Would he use these words to describe you?

Good      Faithful      Servant

How about this phrase: "Well done, you have been faithful with a few things."

Could he say that about you?

In a world filled with multiple temptations, distractions and directions, it's hard to stay on track with the things God's clearly given you. It's also difficult to use your gifts and talents in a profitable way, without being lured astray.

I challenge you to take some time out today and pray about what your "few things" are. Then ask yourself, "Am I being faithful?" Once you've identified the things God has put you in charge of, craft a faithfulness plan.

Give yourself permission to focus solely on those few things for an extended period of time. For me, my biggest focus this year will be on serving my family and being fully in my home.

That is seriously going to be challenging work for me, as I'm usually running all over the place... but not this year. The servant who received one talent and buried it in the ground didn't reap a harvest. Instead, he was called worthless and cast out into the darkness.

There's no way I'm taking that chance.



His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share in your master's happiness!'  Matt 25:21

        What are your few things?


No comments:

Post a Comment