Saturday, February 4, 2012

Perspective

Have you ever had your perspective on something you think you know about, radically changed by God?

This is happening to me. For a couple of years, I've felt God prompting me to study hospitality. Let me say, that I know hospitality is a spiritual gift and it's one of those I don't have.

At all. 

Because I don't have it, and didn't really want to (truthfully). I've delayed obedience to God in the matter of study.

Don't be mistaken: Delayed obedience is disobedience.

Thankfully, He's gentle and filled with mercy and by the end of last year, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I went online and got a study from Intervarsity Press. This little study has changed my entire perspective of hospitality and what it truly means.



It's significantly altered my world view of what it means to have the compassion of Christ. It's changed the way I'll operate and minister to others in the future. In fact, I'm studying another book on it now in order to strengthen myself in the principles of this gift.

I wish I'd done it sooner (duh).

I urge you...if God's laid an idea, theme or spiritual gift on your heart, don't delay your obedience. Study it diligently and you'll be blessed by the time and effort you give to it.

A man’s steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? Proverbs 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment