Monday, February 6, 2012

Whatever It Takes!

Yesterday, at church, our pastor preached about being the type of people who do whatever it takes to reconcile others to Jesus Christ. He used the Apostle Paul as an example of someone who'd been so radically changed by Jesus, that he risked his life and comfort, in order to win others to Him.

In 2nd Corinthians 11:23 - 29, Paul tells about the danger he faced, enduring beatings,  shipwrecks, hunger and more.

Because of God's grace and the saints who went before us, we don't have to face death in order to win people to Christ. We are, however, called to serve, love one another and do whatever it takes to invite people into God's family so they can know Him and share in His blessings.

As I listened to the sermon, I thought about my friends serving in Children's Ministry. They're not out front and visible like the greeters, ushers and worship team. They're usually in a secure area, tucked away from the crowds and providing an unseen, yet vital ministry.

These are the servants of the next generation...



In their honor, I had a little fun with 2 Corinthians 11:23-29...

Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in children’s ministry more frequently, been head-butted more severely, and been exposed to bodily fluids again and again. Five times I received from the little ninjas, punches and kicks. Three times I was beaten with Tonka Trucks, once I was pooped on, three times I was puked on, I spent an entire service rocking a baby to sleep, I have been constantly taking kids to the bathroom. I have been in danger from virus exposure, in danger from toddlers with sharp objects, in danger from my own loss of sanity, in danger from kids with anger management issues; in danger in the nursery, in danger in the toddler room, in danger at the elementary level; and in danger from complaining parents. I have labored and toiled and have often covered myself in hand sanitizer; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without getting to a service; I have been cranky and exhausted, and yet still have to smile. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern that all these kids be with Jesus in Heaven.
And...it is all worth it.

                                                                                  Whatever it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment