Monday, June 18, 2012

Bloom

Hi friends,

Pardon the many garden images coming out in my blog. I'm spending tons of time getting all my plants strongly rooted before the southern sun burns them up. The garden is where I learn the most about God.

I know following God can sometimes be difficult, especially when you don't understand the seasons of life he has you in. I find that when I need to get unstuck from a miry area, the best thing to do is move.

Make a move in any direction, because when you're moving, you're not stuck in discouraging and defeating thoughts. You're engaging in life. When we engage in life with God, he directs our steps and takes us where we need to go.

Look in the bottom corners of this this picture closely:



I purchased these hibiscus plants to put on either side of my front door. They're the same plant, bought at the same time, and positioned in the same area. I guess I didn't fully understand their growth requirements, because I had to move them.

Their beautiful flowers fell off after a week. This may not seem like a big deal, but since my husband is convinced that I'm a plant killer, and thus a money waster, it's a big deal for me.

I'll do anything to prove him wrong about this! 

One hibiscus had buds on it, but the other didn't, so I decided to switch it and move it to the sunnier corner. After another two weeks, I noticed that the other one's leaves were getting dull and the other was growing buds.

        Here's the one in the sunnier corner, starting to bloom again.
                 
             
          Look at this one....she's leaning - trying to get to the sun!

Now, I play "The Switcheroo." Every other day, I switch them around to give them an equal chance to stand in the sun. It's a lot of work, but that's ok because God's teaching me to tend to things and really care for them. He's also showing me that sometimes we're just not in the right spot.

Our God is a tender gardener. He looks after us, cares for us and moves us around when we're not in the right place. When we're in the right spot.....


    We bloom!

How about you? Are you in the right spot in your life and ministry?

     Are you, and others around you, blooming?

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." John 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment