Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hardships

"...We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said. Acts 14:22
                                                                                                         
Hours after I last posted about only three members of my family being sick, my son woke up at 3:45 a.m. with severe stomach pain. I spent part of the next day at the pediatrician's office and then in caregiving. Turns out we have a virus going around town. The day after that, I got it.
                                                                Sheesh! Life is hard.

Each day is unique, and many are filled with difficulties and obstacles we must hurdle over or go around. The Christian life is the same. The "they" in the scripture verse above, is Paul and Barnabas. These men knew a thing or two about hardships and they fearlessly taught others that it's hard to be a servant of God on this earth.

But it's not impossible because with God, all things are possible. (Mt. 19:26) We have a perfect example in Jesus Christ.


Our savior died for us and showed us that no matter how hard life is, he will be with us forever. One of the things I've learned in the past couple of months, is that Jesus is with us always. I knew that it's written in the Bible, but I mean, I encountered him myself. Jesus showed up and stood by me in a hospital room three hours away from my home, during one of our family's more difficult times.

My job now, is to write out that story and encourage others with it. When Jesus makes a promise, it's as good as done.

What promises has he made you? How has he just "shown up" in your life?

My prayer for you is that you will know the depth of God's love for you.

May you have his peace today, friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment