Monday, March 31, 2014

Resurrect the good gifts of life.

A couple weeks ago I wrote about some ways God comforted me and I challenged you to think about and see the ways God comforts you.

And then - as often happens when I open my big mouth about something - I couldn't think of anything else comforting me.

Except Jesus of course.

When in doubt, the answer is always Jesus. Or Baby Jesus.

                                                                              This is not the real Jesus.

But seriously...for like 10 days I couldn't think of anything, and I started to feel like a fraud.

Then I got to feeling a little nutty thinking about comfort all the time. Because honestly, shouldn't my thought life be a little higher?

After all, how often do we hear: "God doesn't care about your comfort, he cares about your character?"

Then I felt like my character was somehow lacking. Geesh!

And I also felt like God was challenging me to really think about it. So I did, and do you know what I discovered?
                                          Creativity gives me comfort. (I'd forgotten that.)

I'm not an artist, but I'd always been crafty creative and I let that passion of mine die for loftier pursuits. So I tried resurrecting it. I got out my old craft and scrapbooking supplies and started slapping some pages together.


Holy Moses. Am I having fun!

The Bible says: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Our God offers us so many gifts - so many good and positive things - to counteract the negativity that comes with chronic pain. I encourage you to discover, or rediscover an old passion and resurrect it.

See what happens and let me know how it encourages you.
                                                                                             
                                                                                  He is faithful and wonderful!


2 comments:

  1. Erika, I always enjoy your posts and the insight you have, thank you for giving me something to think about today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words Leslie!

    ReplyDelete